We want our events to be as accessible as possible.
We are committed to making sure anyone can work with us, attend our events and participate in meetings. We are aware this can mean a lot of different things to different people so this is a live commitment which will adapt and change. Please let us know if there is something we can do to make our events more welcoming or practical for you.
What we can provide (just ask!)
- If anyone needs to see the building before the event, we can arrange a tour in person or by video.
- We can describe the speakers and any visual images used in presentations.
- We can use captioning equipment at events.
- You are welcome to bring children to our events. If you would like a separate room where you will bring someone extra to mind the child, please let us know and we can book this. If you want to look after the child yourself please feel free to leave the room as required.
- Advance hard copies or digital copies of presentations, or handouts in large text.
- If you need transport to the event, contact us as can organise a lift via car.
- Dietary requirements - whether you are vegan, have allergies, or have any other dietary requirements - just let us know.
The above might take a bit of time to organise, so please email Claire Rose if you need any of the adjustments above.
What we will provide as standard:
- We will provide all accessibility information we can on the venue in the pre-event email and website events listing. If you need anything additional, please let us know.
During the Event:
- Anyone is welcome to leave our sessions at any time should they need a break. Toilets and exits will be pointed out at the start of any session.
- Adequate signage and/or staff will be in place so you know where to go.
- We will make sure everyone has a seat.
- We will try to make the room has temperature control to prevent people getting too hot or too cold.
- Our printed material will be a minimum font size of 12, and our slide shows will be 18pt or higher.
We aim to be accessible for all users who browse our website. All of our content conforms to the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative's Content Accessibility guidelines, and all images have alternative text.
However, we might not have gotten everything right. If you spot something that needs to be fixed, please do let us know - we'd really appreciate it. Thank you.